FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Taxes in Allen County could be going up to help pay for some road improvements.
Allen County commissioners are looking at raising the bridge tax rate to cover the costs of repairing and replacing bridges in the county.
Before they do that they need your input.
There will be a public hearing about a potential increase before May 1.
The tax increase would take effect next year if approved.
- Allen County Commissioners to hold hearings about bridge tax increase
- Allen County sees big STI increase
- Number of suicides in Allen County increase
- Commissioners approve $4.2 million for east Allen County revival
- Allen County commissioners vote to ban swingers clubs
- County bridge funding topic of discussion at commissioners meeting
- Allen County Jail overcrowded, Sheriff fears numbers will increase
- Latino Democrats of Allen County hold "Stop ICE" rally
- Allen County SPCA holds 3rd annual Howl-O-Ween
- Teachers hold Work In outside Allen County Courthouse