FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — Three more people have died from COVID-19 in Allen County, bringing the total to 17 as of Tuesday afternoon.
Allen County also reported six more positive cases, increasing the total to 171 cases.
SIGN UP FOR BREAKING NEWS ALERTS
DeKalb County on Tuesday also reported its first death.
Overall, the Northeast Indiana and Northwest Ohio region reported 34 new cases.
Allen and DeKalb are the only two counties to report new deaths.
Other counties reporting new positive cases on Tuesday include:
- Noble: 9 new cases
- Elkhart: 11 new cases
- Whitley: 1 new case
- Kosciusko: 1 new case
- Adams: 1 new case
- Grant: 3 new cases
- Blackford: 1 new case
Officials say testing for COVID-19 is currently unavailable on-demand or by request because of the nationwide shortage.
Patients must currently meet ISDH’s criteria to be tested, and strict protocol must be followed to ensure no one else is exposed while a mucus specimen is collected from the individual.
Anyone with a fever of 100 degrees and a cough should first call their healthcare provider to discuss their symptoms and determine the next course of action.
The following local healthcare providers have set up a specific screening for COVID-19:
• Fort Wayne Medical Education patients should call 260-423-2675
• IU Health patients should download the telemedicine application IU Health Virtual Visit and follow directions or call 260-234-5400
• Lutheran Health patients should call 260-435-5050
• Parkview patients should call 1-877-PPG-TODAY or their specific provider; Parkview has also set up a self-screening website at Parkview.com/covid19screening
• Neighborhood Health Clinic patients should call 260-458-2570