FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — Local health officials announced on Thursday that the amount of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the county is now at 19.
On Thursday morning, Allen County Department of Health announced there were 10 cases.
SIGN UP FOR BREAKING NEWS ALERTS
5 EASY STEPS TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHER INDIANA RESIDENTS DURING THE #COVID19 EMERGENCY— Indiana State Department of Health (@StateHealthIN) March 15, 2020
1. Clean and Disinfect
2. Cover Coughs and Sneezes
3. Wash Your Hands Often
4. Avoid Touching Your Face
5. Stay Home if You are Sick and Avoid Close Contact
Play video for more details. pic.twitter.com/NNrYxTQoVZ
As of 2:22 p.m. Thursday, the number of cases increased to 19.
The Allen County Department of Health says there are now nine new confirmed Coronavirus cases for the day.
ACDH says due to the anticipated increase in the number of confirmed cases, the Department will not be able to continue providing specific information regarding each individual case.
ACDH says because of a delay in the private lab reporting to the state, the case count provided by the Indiana State Department of Health may not always immediately match Allen County’s case numbers.
Officials say testing for COVID-19 is currently unavailable on-demand or by request because of the nationwide shortage.
Patients must currently meet ISDH’s criteria to be tested, and strict protocol must be followed to ensure no one else is exposed while a mucus specimen is collected from the individual.
Anyone with a fever of 100 degrees and a cough should first call their healthcare provider to discuss their symptoms and determine the next course of action.
The following local healthcare providers have set up a specific screening for COVID-19:
• Fort Wayne Medical Education patients should call 260-423-2675
• IU Health patients should download the telemedicine application IU Health Virtual Visit and follow directions or call 260-234-5400
• Lutheran Health patients should call 260-435-5050
• Parkview patients should call 1-877-PPG-TODAY or their specific provider; Parkview has also set up a self-screening website at Parkview.com/covid19screening
• Neighborhood Health Clinic patients should call 260-458-2570