An alleged non-compliant registered sex offender is in custody following a Steuben County Sheriff’s Office investigation. On November 1st, 2017, an arrest warrant was issued for 44 year old Charles R. Kipp III, following an investigation into allegations that Kipp was not living at his registered Steuben County address in the 4400 block of West CR 105 South.
The investigation launched at the end of October 2017. Its results lead Sheriff’s detectives to suspect that Kipp was somewhere in the Kendallville area located in Noble County, Indiana. Sheriff’s detectives coordinated their efforts with the Noble County Sheriff’s Office and Kipp was located and taken into custody on an unrelated arrest warrant by the Kendallville Police Department.
Kipp was then extradited back to Steuben County on 11/02/2017 and booked into the Steuben County Jail on one count of level 6 felony failure to register as a sex or violent offender and one count of level 5 felony failure to register as a sex or violent offender with a previous unrelated conviction.
Kipp remains held in lieu of a $5,000.00 bond. The Sheriff’s Office was assisted in the investigation by the Noble County Sheriff’s Office and the Kendallville Police Department.
- Alleged non-compliant sex offender now in custody
- Public’s Help Needed In Locating Non-Compliant Sex Offenders
- Police seek area sex offender
- Police seek wanted sex offender
- Sex offenders sue over Indiana registry requirement
- Indiana courts allowing sex offenders in church while children present
- Steuben County sex offender located on Crooked Lake
- Steuben County police looking for fugitive registered sex offender
- Vatican: New probe begun into alleged sex at youth seminary
- Suspect arrested, collapses in custody