FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The airport has seen continued growth over the last several years and is now working to expand its terminal to accommodate.
More than 757,000 people went through the terminal at Fort Wayne International Airport last year, setting another record.
That's why Airport Director Scott Hinderman says now's the time to expand. The last time FWA was remodeled was in the early 1990s and it is beginning to show.
Plans include bringing gates 1 through 4 to the second level and adding gate 9. The gates will also be spaced further apart. that will leave room on the first floor to expand TSA screening.
The work will be done in stages so passengers won't be disturbed too much.
- Airport set to expand
- Parkview Huntington expanding
- Kaiser Tool Company expanding
- Heart drug recall expanded again
- Trine expanding health science center
- Indiana lawmakers consider expanding industrial hemp market
- Pizza Hut expands beer delivery service
- Infant Ibuprofen recall expanded for dosage concerns
- Airport travelers surprised at Fort Wayne International
- One dead after crash near airport