FORT WAYNE, IN (WFFT) – If you still need to upgrade your state issued ID you now have the chance to do it while avoiding a trip to the BMV.
On Wednesday and Thursday Indiana residents can upgrade to the Real ID-compliant cards at Fort Wayne International Airport in the Business Center located by Baggage Claim from 9a.m. - 3p.m.
FWA and the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles are hosting the Real ID event to give Indiana residents the chance to upgrade their government issued identification to the new Real ID. Beginning October 1, 2020, a Real ID-compliant government issued ID card or a valid Passport is required in order to travel at airports and to enter federal government facilities. A Real ID has a star in the upper right-hand corner of the ID card.
You can schedule an appointment online through the BMV scheduling website. Appointments are available from 9a.m. - 3p.m. and walk-ins will also be accepted.
Here's what you need for your appointment: One proof of identity, one proof of lawful status such as a birth certificate, one proof of social security number, and two proofs of Indiana residency such as a mortgage statement, utility bill or a credit card bill.
A full list of acceptable documents can be found at RealID.IN.gov.
Parking at the airport will be validated for up to two hours for event participants.
- Fort Wayne Airport hosting Real ID event
- Airport travelers surprised at Fort Wayne International
- Fort Wayne International Airport holds disaster drill
- Fort Wayne International Airport receives runway grants
- Plane slides at Fort Wayne International Airport
- Fort Wayne International Airport set to expand
- Fort Wayne International Airport celebrates Princess Day
- Event highlights Black entrepreneurship in Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne VA hosts celebration for veterans
- Seasonal Myrtle Beach Service returns to Fort Wayne International Airport