FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The U. S. Postal Service issued two United States air mail forever stamps, blue to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the beginning of airmail service, and red to mark the 100th anniversary of the post office department's taking charge of the nation's airmail service.
The dedication was held at the future sight of the National Airmail Museum at Smith Field in Fort Wayne.
People were able to see the first renderings of the airmail museum Monday as well as purchase the stamps honoring aviation history.
The airmail stamps are forever stamps, so they'll always be worth the first class rate.
- Airmail stamps unveiled in Fort Wayne
- Congress backs designating Fort Wayne for airmail museum
- House taps Fort Wayne hangar for National Airmail Museum
- Senators' bill would designate Fort Wayne for airmail museum
- 'Stamp Out Hunger' in Fort Wayne
- GM unveils Fort Wayne Built 2019 Silverado
- Mayor Henry and Fort Wayne UNITED unveil 'Meals 4 Healing'
- GM unveils all new Fort Wayne - built GMC Sierra
- Fort Wayne VA Medical Center unveils new renovations
- Fort Wayne unveils sculpture at Promenade Park entrance