BERNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Two people were arrested after a three hour standoff in Berne Tuesday.
It started around 5:30 p.m. in the 500 block of Deborah Lane.
The Adams County Sheriff's Office said a man inside was refusing to answer the door and told deputies he had a hostage.
That's when deputies called in help from other agencies including the SWAT team from the Indiana State Police.
Around 8:30 p.m., Gregory Aguilar, 36, surrendered and was taken to the hospital for treatment before being booked in the Adams County Detention Center.
Russell Henry, Jr., 28, was released without injuries and taken to jail for unrelated warrants.
- Adams County standoff ends peacefully
- Police standoff ends peacefully Tuesday
- Two Adams County Amish women get probation in midwifery case
- Two men accused of poaching deer in Adams County
- Burglary suspect surrenders after standoff
- Adams Memorial Hospital falls victim to ransomware
- South Adams students pack meals for impoverished
- Police standoff lasts for seven hours in Steuben County
- Subject of standoff faces new charges
- Two arrested after standoff with state police