BERNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Two people were arrested after a three hour standoff in Berne Tuesday.
It started around 5:30 p.m. in the 500 block of Deborah Lane.
The Adams County Sheriff's Office said a man inside was refusing to answer the door and told deputies he had a hostage.
That's when deputies called in help from other agencies including the SWAT team from the Indiana State Police.
Around 8:30 p.m., Gregory Aguilar, 36, surrendered and was taken to the hospital for treatment before being booked in the Adams County Detention Center.
Russell Henry, Jr., 28, was released without injuries and taken to jail for unrelated warrants.
- Adams County standoff ends peacefully
- Police standoff ends peacefully Tuesday
- Standoff on northeast side ends peacefully
- Two killed in Adams County crash
- Geneva woman killed in Adams County crash
- Two Adams County Amish women get probation in midwifery case
- Two men accused of poaching deer in Adams County
- Victim identified in fatal Adams County accidental shooting
- Boy in Adams County accidentally shot by sibling
- Burglary suspect surrenders after standoff