DETROIT (AP) - Honda's luxury brand Acura is recalling more than 360,000 SUVs worldwide because water can get into the tail lights and make them go dark.
The recall is mostly in North America and covers the MDX from the 2014 through 2019 model years.
The company says that due to a manufacturing problem, water can get into the light assemblies through some seals and cause electrical problems. That can knock out lights in the tailgate and some interior lighting. Acura says it hasn't received any reports of crashes or injuries.
Dealers will replace the seals, and if necessary install new light assemblies and wiring.
Owners will be notified early next month.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Acura recalls 360K SUVs because tail lights can go dark
- Instagram dark mode is here
- No traffic lights and days of darkness. Here's how life has changed inside Northern California's power shutoff
- Meet Narwhal, the rescue puppy with a tail growing out of his forehead
- Four baby squirrels were found with their tails braided together. Vets think it could be animal abuse
- Elderly man taken to hospital after rolling SUV
- Ford redesigns 'world's most popular SUV'
- Two in critical condition after motorcycle and SUV collide
- Vandals target "Fantasy of Lights"
- World Baseball Academy adds lights