FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Attorney General Curtis Hill was in Fort Wayne Thursday morning to visit veterans at the VA Hospital and tour the newly renovated facility.
Hill gave vets in the hospital pins from his office and thanked them for their service.
It's all a part of National Salute to Veterans Week.
"We thought this was a great opportunity to come and see the operation, pay tribute to some of our heroes in the military, and get a first-hand look at the type of care that they're getting. And I can tell you that it's absolutely incredible," Hill said.
Many of the renovations were finished this year.
- AG Curtis Hill visits vets at VA Hospital, tours newly renovated facility
- Prosecutor makes decision in AG Curtis Hill case
- Office of AG Curtis Hill holds drug take back
- AG Curtis Hill warning consumers about credit card scam
- Indiana AG Curtis Hill announces drug rehab program at Kosciusko County Jail
- Mayor Tom Henry, AG Curtis Hill announce initiative to reduce violent crimes
- Fort Wayne VA Medical Center unveils new renovations
- VA hospital staff celebrate veteran's 100th birthday
- DeKalb Central planning "listening tour" after facility upgrade referendum fails
- 40-minute wait for newly legal California pot