The Allen County Coroner’s Office has identified and notified the next of kin of the deceased individual from the motorcycle crash that occurred at I-469, exit 31 Band I-69 interchange, in Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana, at about 3:00 pm on Saturday, February 17, 2018.
The deceased was identified as 60 year-old Mark Thomas Hamilton of Leo-Cedarville, Indiana. The Cause of Death has been determined to be Blunt Force Trauma Due to Motorcycle Crash and the Manner of Death is Accident. Mark Thomas Hamilton is the 7th traffic fatality for Fort Wayne and Allen County in 2018.
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)-A man is dead after crashing his motorcycle around 3:00 pm Saturday afternoon.
Fort Wayne police responded to the accident on I-69's southbound ramp from westbound I-469.
The accident diverted westbound lane traffic on I-469 to go south on I-69 onto the Auburn Road exit.
Investigators have indicated speed is a factor in this crash. This incident remains under investigation.
- Man dies in motorcycle crash on I-69
- Two hurt in motorcycle crash on I-69
- One man in critical condition after motorcycle crash near Lima Road and I-69
- Man dies after crashing motorcycle in rural Allen County
- Single-car crash on I-69 sends one to hospital
- Semi rolls over on ramp to I-69
- I-69 SB reopened after semi overturns
- Man hurt in motorcycle crash Saturday
- Spencerville man hurt in motorcycle crash
- Man critically hurt in motorcycle crash