FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) -- A 9-year-old boy is fighting for his life tonight after police say he rode his bike into the path of a vehicle.
Fort Wayne Police responded at 7:17 p.m. to the intersection of Fairfield Avenue and Paulding Road.
Officers and paramedics found the boy unresponsive. He was taken to a hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police say witnesses told them the child was riding his bike north, across Paulding Road, when he rode into the path of a vehicle traveling west.
The department's FACT Team is investigating the crash.
- 9-year-old boy critical after bike struck by vehicle in Fort Wayne
- Bike-share program leaving Fort Wayne
- Police: Boy struck by stray bullet in Fort Wayne home now stable
- Beach Boys cancels Fort Wayne concert
- Boy critically hurt after being hit while riding bicycle in Fort Wayne
- Officer involved shooting reported in Fort Wayne; person critically injured
- Fort Wayne man in critical condition after Euclid Avenue shooting
- Woman in critical condition after motorcycle crash in Fort Wayne
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle near Reed Road