FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — The Allen County Coroner’s Office has identified the victim of a deadly crash that took on the morning of Monday, Jan. 6.
The coroner has identified the victim as 80-year-old William A. Voirol of Fort Wayne.
Voirol was driving his vehicle during the crash that took place at the intersection of Dupont Road and Pinemills Road last Monday just after 7:40 a.m.
He was transported from the scene to a local hospital where he later died.
The coroner has determined the cause of death to be blunt force injuries due to motor vehicle crash and the manner of death is an accident.
Voirol is the 2nd motor vehicle crash fatality in Allen County for 2020.
This crash remains under investigation by the Fort Wayne Police Department.
- 80-year-old identified in fatal Dupont Road crash
- Dupont Road now open
- Dupont Road construction underway
- Dupont Road seeing development boom
- Dupont Road construction is complete
- Community meets contractor for Dupont Road project
- Rise & Roll Bakery opens Dupont Road location
- Dupont Road expected to reopen this weekend
- One hurt in early morning motorcycle crash near Dupont Road
- Dupont Hospital to unveil expansion