FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) -- An 8-year-old boy is in critical condition this morning after police say it appears someone fired shots into a home.
Fort Wayne police responded at 1:57 a.m. to a shooting call at the 3200 block of Logan Avenue.
Officers found an 8-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to his shoulder and chest area.
He was taken to a hospital in serious condition and later downgraded to having life-threatening injuries.
Police say their preliminary investigation indicates the boy was inside the home and gunshots were fired from outside.
No further details have been released.
FOX 55 News will continue to update this story as more details become available.
- 8-year-old boy inside Fort Wayne home wounded by gunfire
- One wounded in Fort Wayne shooting
- Second child shot inside Fort Wayne home in 2 days
- Woman killed, 2 children wounded inside car found in Fort Wayne alley
- Fort Wayne police investigating whether wounded man was shot
- One killed, five wounded in Fort Wayne shootings Sunday
- Beach Boys cancels Fort Wayne concert
- Woman found dead inside Fort Wayne hotel room, arrest made
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Boys and Girls Club of Fort Wayne construction begins Friday