Kansas City, MO (WDAF) -- Kansas City police say a 10-year-old girl went to the hospital Wednesday morning after she crashed her mom’s SUV into a mini-van and electrical box while trying to go to McDonald’s.
Officers were called to 12th and Olive around 7:45 a.m. to the two vehicle wreck and were surprised to lean that one of the driver’s was the 10-year-old girl.
KCPD learned that when the girl woke up Wednesday morning, she wanted to get McDonald’s to eat. Her mother was still sleeping, so the girl took the Tahoe herself. She drove a couple of miles before getting lost. She attempted to turn at 12th and Olive, but since she was an unlicensed 10-year-old, she failed to yield to the driver of a Honda coming in the opposite direction.
Police said both vehicles sustained heavy damage. The girl was taken to the hospital with minor injuries and the other driver was not injured.
Police said the girl did not make it to McDonald’s.
- 10-year-old girl attempting to go to McDonald’s, crashes mom’s SUV
- 10-year-old boy celebrates ending cancer treatment
- McDonald's changes apple pie recipe
- Man charged in attempt to poison baby girl
- New Haven Police investigating McDonald's robbery
- 10-year-old boy becomes a United States citizen
- Elderly man taken to hospital after rolling SUV
- Ford redesigns 'world's most popular SUV'
- Acura recalls 360K SUVs because tail lights can go dark
- Two in critical condition after motorcycle and SUV collide