Does the Iceman cometh or not?
That's the question on the minds of "Top Gun" fans after the sequel trailer's release.
The preview out Thursday gives us plenty of Tom Cruise as aviator Pete "Maverick" Mitchell. But what about his adversary and fan favorite, Tom "Iceman" Kazansky, played in the 1986 original by Val Kilmer?
Kilmer is listed in the IMDB credits as appearing in the upcoming movie, yet we don't know how much screen time he will receive.
Cruise told Extra last year that it was "special" working again with Kilmer, who went public about a 2-year battle with throat cancer in 2017.
The illness didn't stop him from advocating to reprise his role.
"Friends said it's official - #TOPGUN2 was announced today," Kilmer wrote with a photo on Instagram showing him in an Iceman T-shirt. "I'm ready Tom- still got my top gun plaque! Still got the moves! Still got it!"
Now that the movie is actually done and headed to theaters in 2020, Kilmer is even more excited.
He posted the trailer on his official Facebook page with the caption "You up for this one, Maverick?"
- If Val Kilmer is in 'Top Gun: Maverick,' what's the deal with the trailer?
- Tom Cruise soars in 'Top Gun: Maverick' trailer
- Kelly McGillis says she wasn't asked to return for 'Top Gun: Maverick'
- 'Avengers: Endgame' trailer is finally here
- Gillibrand on her past guns record: 'I didn't do the right thing'
- 'Murder Mystery' tops Netflix's most-popular titles of 2019
- Meet the entire live-action 'Dumbo' cast in new trailer
- Jennifer Hudson, Taylor Swift come out to play in 'Cats' movie trailer
- Keanu Reeves voices new character in 'Toy Story 4' trailer
- Ford redesigns 'world's most popular SUV'