A man in Pima County, Arizona, ran his car over a median on Wednesday and ending up dangerously close to the business end of a saguaro cactus.
The Pima County Sheriff's Department said that when they arrived the man appeared disoriented and suffered minor injuries.
He was later arrested and charged with DUI.
When it comes to unexpected road hazards, you can't get more Arizona than a saguaro. This massive cactus species can grow over 40 feet tall, making them ideal symbols of the glory of the American Southwest and, also, very effective battering rams. According to the Arizona Department of Agriculture, saguaro cacti are a protected native plant with laws and penalties regarding their movement, treatment and destruction.
- A man got drunk and impaled his car on a giant saguaro cactus
- French man arrives in Caribbean after crossing Atlantic in giant barrel
- GM, other US industrial giants, hit all-time highs
- Bar-goers don't think lower drunk driving threshold will work
- Google Maps is using giant virtual arrows to stop people from getting lost
- Ancient whales walked on four legs and moved like giant otters -- seriously
- An NFL rookie was shot just hours after he was drafted by the New York Giants
- Girl,4, shot inside car
- Man hurt after getting hit by car on Coldwater Road
- Man goes into cardiac arrest following car crash