The Social Security Administration just released its list of most popular baby names for babies born in the United States last year.
Topping the list: Liam and Emma.
For Emma, it's the fifth year in a row at no. 1.
Liam, which first appeared on the top 10 list in 2012, retained its top spot for the second year.
The second-place finishers are also the same as in 2017: Noah, on the boys' side, and Olivia on the girls'.
Most popular names for boys
Most popular names for girls in 2018
- Emma and Liam are the most popular baby names -- again
- 2 makers of popular baby products just avoided recalls, even as federal officials acknowledge safety problems
- Popularity increasing for area STEM summer camps
- FDA takes action against popular vaping brand
- Telehealth becoming more popular during flu season
- Zoo welcomes baby giraffe
- Police investigating baby's death
- World's most popular attractions, according to Uber
- Ford redesigns 'world's most popular SUV'
- Meatless burgers are so popular, one company is going public