Stan Lee's legacy is to be celebrated later this month with a star-studded celebration.
The event, Excelsior! A Celebration of the Amazing, Fantastic, Incredible & Uncanny Life of Stan Lee, will be held on January 30 at Hollywood's iconic TCL Chinese Theatre, Lee's POW! Entertainment company announced Thursday. The tribute is being produced by Legion M, Agents of Mayhem and Stan Lee's POW! Entertainment.
Kevin Smith will moderate conversations throughout the evening with celebrity speakers including Mark Hamill, Rob Liefeld (co-creator of the Deadpool character), Michael Uslan (executive producer, "The Dark Knight"), RZA, and Tom DeSanto (executive producer, "X-Men").
There will also be discussions by some of Lee's close friends including Marvel's Chief Creative Officer, Joe Quesada, and his POW! Entertainment partner, Gill Champion.
Photos, artwork and some of Lee's classic comic books and memorabilia will be on exhibition.
All net proceeds from the event's ticket sales will go to nonprofit organization The Hero Initiative, a charity that supports comic book creators, artists and writers in need.
- Celebrity-studded Stan Lee tribute announced
- Hollywood honors Stan Lee
- Comic book genius Stan Lee, Spider-Man creator, dies at 95
- Stan Lee's former manager accused of false imprisonment, grand theft and elder abuse
- Manchester University announces expansion
- Madonna announces new album
- Mayor celebrates city workers
- Hundreds celebrate 2018 downtown
- Embassy celebrates 90th birthday
- Kwanzaa celebration happening Thursday