GREENFIELD, Ind. (WRTV ) -- If you are driving on the south side of Greenfield on State Road 9 you might notice a new piece of art.
Rick Horton, a Greenfield resident, spent around 15 hours over the weekend sculpting a giant eagle out of the snow in his front yard. The eagle stands almost 7-feet tall.
Horton said the weekend's snow was perfect for sculpting because it was a wet snow and it packed really well.
"This year I decided to make an eagle because Greenfield has two eagles and I love flying," Horton said. "I fly RC planes and eagles soar and I figured that would be perfect this year."
Horton, who has been making his sculptures for several years, said he hopes to color the bald eagle later this week.
Please note: This content carries a strict local market embargo. If you share the same market as the contributor of this article, you may not use it on any platform.
- Man creates 7-foot eagle out of snow
- Overnight snow creates trouble during morning commute
- A 7-foot crocodile was swimming in an Ohio creek as elementary school kids played in the water
- Man found dead at Eagle Marsh Nature Preserve
- Bald Eagle to be released Thursday
- DeKalb County creating Veterans Court
- Meet the man who created Black History Month
- Mega Millions creating lines in Fort Wayne
- IRS hit by shutdown, creating taxpayer headaches
- Watchdog group creates PAC for ballot issues