Seven people are dead and several have been transported from the scene of a fiery multivehicle crash on Interstate 75 southbound near Gainesville, Florida, according to authorities.
A photo posted by the Alachua County Fire Rescue shows a tractor-trailer in flames with a vehicle under its left side.
The Florida Highway Patrol said two tractor-trailers, a passenger van and a midsize sedan were involved in the crash.
The accident happened Thursday afternoon at mile marker 393 on I-75 southbound.
Some of the patients transported from the scene have critical injuries, according to the fire and medical service.
The vehicle fire was put out by crews arriving on scene.
- Seven people killed in Florida interstate crash
- Semi crash causes interstate issues
- Coroner identifies two people killed in crash Sunday
- Syracuse basketball coach Jim Boeheim hits, kills man walking on interstate
- Storms kill four people in Kentucky, Arkansas
- Four people injured in crash, one critical
- Three people hurt in motorcycle crash
- Limo employee faces 40 criminal counts after crash killed 20 people
- Traffic cameras to be installed on Fort Wayne interstates
- Holcomb says no new tolls on Indiana interstate highways