Asheville, NC (WLOS) -- One woman says she has plenty to be thankful for after celebrating 106 Thanksgivings in her lifetime.
Louise Vetere was born in 1912 in New Orleans.
On Thursday, she was in South Asheville with her family for a traditional Thanksgiving meal.
Vetere told News 13 she has a lot to be thankful for.
"That's what I'm thankful for, that God gave me grandchildren. They're the best!" she exclaimed.
"I want to wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving ... and everybody should be happy, as I'm happy today with my grandchildren," Vetere added.
It's sound advice for anyone on Thanksgiving.
Please note: This content carries a strict local market embargo. If you share the same market as the contributor of this article, you may not use it on any platform.
- Woman celebrates 106th Thanksgiving surrounded by family
- Rep says David Cassidy in hospital, 'surrounded by family'
- Indiana medical coverage lags surrounding states
- Adoption celebration brings families together
- Being safe and legal important surrounding July 4 holiday
- Pelosi takes speaker's oath of office surrounded by children
- Huntington woman celebrates her 100th birthday
- Thanksgiving Day Fast Facts
- Families celebrate Countdown to Noon at Science Central
- Fort Wayne family searches for missing woman