FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Police in Fort Wayne arrested a man Monday on gun and drug charges following the shooting death of a three month old puppy.
David Lee Fowlkes, 38, is facing firearm charges, a felony charge for dealing marijuana, and a charge for operating without a license. Detectives in the Gang and Violent Crimes Unit followed up on an earlier investigation involving Fowlkes shooting the puppy in the 4500 block of Bowser Avenue.
Fowlkes is a known violent offender as a result of a robbery conviction. He also had warrants out in DeKalb County. Detectives found Fowlkes in the 4500 block of Avondale Drive Monday while conducting a traffic stop. Police found 261.9 grams of marijuana, a scale, a gun, and a shell casing.
Fowlkes is currently being held in the Allen County Jail. Animal Care and Control is actively investigating the puppy's death.
- Arrest made for drug charges, suspect connected to shooting death of puppy
- Arrest made in infant death
- Arrest made in stabbing death
- Suspect in toddler's death arrested
- Arrest made in Lillie Street death investigation
- Arrest made in shooting of two children
- Shooting investigation leads to 4 arrests for gun, drug charges
- Second Arrest Made in the Death of Malakai Garrett
- Suspect charged in Hamilton Ave. shooting
- FWPD make drug arrests