The Allen County Coroner’s Office has completed the autopsy of the child that was located at 120 East Pontiac Street before being transported to Lutheran Hospital on Monday,
March 12, 2018.
The deceased was identified as Lxzander Carrillo, male, Hispanic, 2 ½ months of age, of Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Cause of Death is Bilateral Subdural & Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Due to Bilateral Posterior Parietal Skull fractures Due to Blunt Force Injuries of the head and the Manner of Death is Homicide.
Lxzander Carrillo is the 8th Homicide victim in Allen County for 2018.
The incident remains under investigation by the Fort Wayne Police Department, Allen County Prosecutor’s Office, and the Allen County Coroner’s Office.
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The Fort Wayne Police Department is investigating two separate child deaths.
The first investigation began Thursday in the 1200 block of Gay Street.
Police aren't releasing much information about the case and no one has been charged. People who have lived in the neighborhood for several years told FOX 55 police have been watching the home since Thursday.
The second investigation began Monday on the 200 block of West Pontiac Street.
Julio Carrillo, 19, was arrested and charged with Neglect of a Dependent resulting in serious bodily harm.
Court documents show Carrillo's 2-month-old son died in his care.
An affidavit of probable cause said Carrillo admitted he spanked his son and tripped over a baby swing while holding the baby. The baby hit his head on the hardwood floor. The affidavit said Carrillo's girlfriend, and child's mother, came home to the baby not breathing properly.
Court records show Carrillo didn't want to take the baby to the hospital.
Eventually, the boy's mother took him where doctors found the baby's brain was bleeding and had a fractured skull.
The Allen County Coroner's Office said it expects to release information about both children's autopsies later this week.
- Police investigating deaths of two children in separate cases
- Police investigating baby's death
- Police investigating Weisser Park death
- LaGrange County police investigate fraud case
- Police investigating death on S. Webster Street
- Police investigating death on Baxter Street
- Kendallville Police investigating death on train tracks
- Police investigating child death in Noble County
- Toddler's death under investigation
- Van Wert Police release more details on infant death investigation