FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Allen County Sheriff David Gladieux wants to fire a deputy.
Sheriff Gladiex filed the petition to the merit board to fire officer Johnny Gerardot.
Gerardot was hired back in 1989 as a civilian confinement officer and has since had a history of disciplinary action.
Documents filed with the merit board accuses Gerardot harassed an ex-girlfriend of one of his family members.
On December 28, Gerardot was suspended with pay until the merit board hears the case.
Monday's paperwork shows the sheriff has asked the merit board fire to Gerardot from the department.
- Sheriff asks merit board to fire deputy
- Merit board: Fire chief can accept resignations without board approval
- Deputy fire chief suspended
- Sheriff: Deputy shot in pursuit won't survive
- DeKalb County Sheriff's Office asks for help identifying suspect
- Deputy Fire Chief back to work after suspension
- NIPSCO asking for rate hike
- Parole board denies clemency for Alva Campbell
- FWCS board approves superintendent contract extension
- Board approves guidance for Indiana graduation guidelines