FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The Fort Wayne Urban League partnered with The Realtist Association of Northeast Indiana to host a fall mortage and housing fair.
The fair gave members of the community resources to be self-sufficient. The Urban League said owning a home and being connected to financial institutions is a big step.
There were also employment services and youth programs available.
Some of the companies featured were Wells Fargo, Chase, Fifth Third Bank, and Salin Bank.
"To be self-sufficient we need to be able to stand on our own, find employment, and understand the banking, and understanding that home ownership is one major way of building wealth," said Paula McGee, CEO of the Urban League.
The fair also featured door prizes and free food.
- Urban League hosts mortgage and housing fair
- Fort Wayne Urban League holds awards gala
- Fort Wayne Urban League initiative recognized nationally
- Fort Wayne Urban League getting ready for its 2018 gala
- Ruoff Home Mortgage planning downtown move
- Zoo hosting Job Fair on Saturday
- Allen County among top counties in Indiana for mortgage approvals
- Ohio State's Urban Meyer stepping down after Rose Bowl
- Indiana Senator Todd Young hosts 'Fair Shot Agenda' roundtable
- Leadership Fort Wayne hosts 4th annual volunteer fair