FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Indiana Tech announced they have entered an option-to-purchase agreement for the Donald Ross Golf Course on south Calhoun Street.
The university is assessing the potential of the property as the new home of the Indiana Tech athletic facilities.
The plan hasn't been developed yet, but they're looking at the back nine as the site of the softball stadium, and the track and field complex.
The front nine would remain unchanged, and open to the public. The area would also serve as a practice facility for the university's golf teams.
Indiana Tech plans to complete the purchase in the first quarter of 2018, and begin construction by next summer, starting with the softball stadium.
Practices and games could begin by the spring of 2019.
Photo courtesy of Indiana Tech
- Indiana Tech purchasing golf course for future athletic facilities
- Indiana Tech to lease at Electric Works
- Indiana Tech talks opioids in the workplace
- City council approves North River property purchase
- Online purchase scams on the rise
- Auto parts maker to invest nearly $5.5M at Indiana facility
- Golf courses now open
- Authorities: Indiana woman dead after falling off golf cart
- Indiana's Ivy Tech plans to increase enrollment, degrees
- Indiana Tech planing to build more on-campus housing