FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The Fort Wayne Fire Department battled a business fire Tuesday on the city's southeast side.
Firefighters were called to Reckon Plating on south Hanna just after 5:30 p.m.
When the first crews arrived, they found heavy smoke coming from the building.
Firefighters forced their way through a front door and found a fire in the front room.
The flames spread through the walls and ceiling.
No one was inside the building and firefighters said there were also no chemicals in the building.
The company's website says it specializes in copper, nickel, chrome and gold plating.
- Plating company catches fire Tuesday
- School bus catches fire, students safe
- Car catches fire at Shell Gas station
- Woman catches 88-pound catfish
- Franke Plating Works ready for $1.1 million expansion
- Ohio drivers may only need one license plate
- Construction company destroyed in Monday night fire
- Woman escapes without injuries after car catches fire
- Canterbury Green apartment catches fire causing heavy damage