KOSCIUSKO COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) - UPDATE: The Kosciusko County Sheriff's Department released the identity of the man found along side the roadway on 300 North on Tuesday as David L. Strowder, Jr., 21, of Elkhart, Indiana. Their investigation reveals that Strowder died of multiple stab wounds and the death has been ruled a homicide. The investigation is continuing and anyone with information about the death is asked to call the Kosciusko County Sheriff's Office at 574-267-5667, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-342-STOP.
A man was found critically injured Monday along 300 North near Tippe Downs Drive in Kosciusko County. Sheriff's Deputies and emergency medical personnel responded and took the man to Kosciusko Community Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Further information will be released once positive identification and family notification is completed.
Due to the investigation, 300 North will be closed between Tippe Downs Drive and Madison Elementary School on Tuesday morning. Madison Elementary School can be accessed from 150 West.
The Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department was assisted at the scene by the Warsaw Police Department, the Winona Lake Police Department, Leesburg Fire Department, the Winona Lake Fire Department, Lutheran EMS, and the Kosciusko County Coroner’s Office.
- Kosciusko officials: Man found dead along roadway was stabbed to death
- Flooding hits Kosciusko residents
- Kosciusko County officials investigate traffic crash near Etna Green
- One dead, three injured in Kosciusko Co. vehicle accident
- Indiana State Police investigating inmate death at Kosciusko County Jail
- Missing Kendallville man found dead
- Burglary suspects arrested in Kosciusko County
- Five arrested in Kosciusko County drug bust
- Man charged with child molesting in Kosciusko County
- Man airlifted in critical condition after Kosciusko County crash