MANSFIELD, Ohio. (WFFT)- 62- year-old death row inmate Alva Campbell at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility in Chillicothe, Ohio has been denied clemency by the Ohio Parole Board. Governor John Kasich can still grant clemency however.
Campbell is convicted for the killing of 18-year-old Charles Dials, while Campbell was trying to escape police custody in April 1997. He has been on Ohio's death row for 17 years.
Campbell is scheduled to be executed November 15 at 10 a.m.
- Parole board denies clemency for Alva Campbell
- Cyntoia Brown is granted clemency after serving 15 years in prison for killing man who bought her for sex
- Merit board: Fire chief can accept resignations without board approval
- Election board goes over challenges
- FWCS board approves superintendent contract extension
- Sheriff asks merit board to fire deputy
- Board approves guidance for Indiana graduation guidelines
- UK's May says Brexit talks making progress; EU denies leak
- Christie denies making remark about Trump, opioid crisis
- BuzzFeed sues Kris Kobach over denied records requests