FORT WAYNE, Ind (WFFT) - Fort Wayne will begin collecting bagged leaf collection Monday, October 23, 2017. The city's leaf collection program allows residents to put leaves in biodegradable bags at the curb and call 311 to schedule a pick-up. The leaves will be collected within two business days of the call to 311.
The street department will begin the collection of leaves raked to the curb on Monday, October 30. Residents should rake leaves to the curb or park strip in front of their home, but not in the street. The city reminds residents placing leaves in the street can block storm drains and cause street flooding in the event of rain.
Once again, the website: cityoffortwayne.org/leaves will have the latest information detailing the daily neighborhood schedule. This daily update will begin on Friday, October 27. A phone call to 427-2603 will give residents access to a recording of the daily update as well.
Crews from the Street Department will visit each of the city neighborhoods twice during the collection season.
The city also reminds residents that burning leaves within the city limits is a violation of City Code. The fine is $50; $75 after 30 days (Ordinance #74.70)
The 2017 Fort Wayne Leaf Pick-up schedule
Oct. 30-Nov. 3 North
Nov. 6- 9 Central
Nov. 13-17 South
Nov. 20-22 North
Dec. 4-8 Central
Dec. 11-15 South
There will be no leaf collection on Friday, November 10, in observance of Veterans Day.
- Fort Wayne announces leaf collection schedule
- Leaf collections begin in Fort Wayne
- Leaf collection starts this week
- Fort Wayne considering refunds for missed trash collection
- Purdue Fort Wayne pedestrian bridge one year behind schedule
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Fort Wayne Public Market announces partnership with Electric Works
- Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation announces 2019 pool closing dates
- Fort Wayne's mayor announces re-election bid for 4th term
- IU Health announces opening date for Fort Wayne location