FORT WAYNE, Ind (WFFT) - The Allen County Coroner's Office has completed the autopsy on a man found shot to death last night on Oxford Street. The Coroner says Charlie DeyJohn West, 22, of Fort Wayne, was shot multiple times and the death has been ruled a homicide. West is the 28th homicide victim in Allen County for 2017.
Just after 11:00pm Thursday, officers were called to the 2400 block of Oxford Street after a man was found lying in the front yard of a home. When they arrived they found man suffering from gunshot wounds. Paramedics pronounced the man dead at the scene.
Detectives are currently interviewing potential witnesses and speaking with residents in the neighborhood. Crime Scene Technicians are processing the scene and collecting evidence.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Fort Wayne Police Department at (260) 427-1222 or Crime Stoppers at (260) 436-7867.
- Shooting death ruled a homicide; victim identified
- Ligonier homicide victims identified
- Toddler's death ruled a homicide
- Victim identified in Baxter Street death investigation, death ruled a homicide
- Shooting victim identified
- Coroner identifies shooting victim
- Kroger shooting victim identified
- New Haven woman's death ruled a homicide
- Bowser Avenue shooting victims identified
- Runnion Avenue shooting victim identified