A new K-9 training facility will soon become a reality for Fort Wayne police officers.
The Parks Department Board approved a plan to construct a new police dog training building near Franke Park. The facility will be a two bedroom home that will be built onto an existing pole barn.
Dogs will be able to train in "house situations" at the facility. The Fort Wayne Police Department will fund the nearly $200,000 needed to build the home.
- FWPD to construct new K-9 training facility
- FWPD make drug arrests
- Scammers attack FWPD
- FWPD seeks person of interest
- FWPD officer involved in crash
- FWPD K9, Nemo, passes away
- FWPD seek person of interest
- FWPD investigating early morning altercation
- FWPD officer recognized by neighborhood associations
- Investigation continues into FWPD officer involved shooting