FORT WAYNE, Ind (WFFT) - Fort Wayne police responded to a call about an unconscious woman in the 2100 block of Eden Street at the Villages of Hanna Apartments just before 4:00am Thursday. When they arrived, they found a woman lying in the common hallway of the apartment building suffering from severe head trauma from a physical assault.
The woman was transported to an area hospital, where she is listed in critical condition. Police are questioning neighbors and gathering evidence in an effort to determine what led up to the incident. There is no suspect information at this time and the identity of the victim has not been made available.
This incident remains under investigation by the City of Fort Wayne Police Department and the Allen County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office. Anyone with information is asked to call the Fort Wayne Police Department at (260) 427-1222 or Crime Stoppers at (260) 436-7867.
- Beating leaves woman in critical condition
- House fire leaves woman in critical condition
- Early morning shooting leaves one man in critical condition
- Early morning fire leaves man in critical condition
- Stabbing on Lillie Street leaves one person in critical condition
- Akron woman in critical condition after two vehicle crash
- Woman in critical condition after motorcycle crash in Fort Wayne
- Child in critical condition after house fire
- Man in critical condition after being stabbed
- Triple shooting claims two lives, one remains in critical condition