FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A train derailment on a bridge over South Anthony Boulevard caused temporary road closures Thursday afternoon. Four cars of a freight train came off the tracks just north of Creighton Avenue around 1:30. Three of the cars were carrying dry goods and one tanker carrying 33,000 gallons of diesel fuel were involved in the derailment. The tanker is not leaking. No injuries were reported.
A clean up crew is responding to the scene to get the cars back on the rails.
South Anthony Boulevard was reopened to traffic about one hour after the derailment.
- Train derails southeast of downtown Fort Wayne
- Southeast Fort Wayne business development behind downtown
- Train derails in New Haven
- Mother's Day takes over downtown Fort Wayne
- Hampton Inn opens in downtown Fort Wayne
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Southeast Fort Wayne residents present ideas for what they'd like to see more of
- Southeast Fort Wayne community letting the city know what is needed
- New parking meters coming to downtown Fort Wayne
- Downtown Fort Wayne Bridge to receive new name, renovations