FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The Fort Wayne - Allen County Health Department is reminding people to get the annual flu vaccine.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said anyone 6 months and older should get the flu shot.
The health department said the vaccine changes yearly because different strains of the flu are common around the world.
"The vaccine this year has two or three of the same strains from last year because they are still seeing those to be the most prevalent causing the flu," said Susan Cisney, Fort Wayne - Allen County Health Department Director Clinical Services.
Flu shots are available at most pharmacies or your doctor.
- Health Department: Time to get flu shot
- Amid flu surge, Indiana residents urged to get flu shots
- Indiana seeing an increase in flu cases, flu shot encouraged
- Liberty Diner shut down by Health Department
- Health agency: Indiana flu deaths reach 25 through Dec. 30
- Man fatally shot outside southern IN police department IDed
- Allen County Health Department encourages spring break safety
- Allen County Health Department awarded grant for Narcan
- Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health receives $54,000 grant