NEW HAVEN, Ind. (WFFT) - The race for New Haven's next mayor is officially underway.
Republican Steve McMichael announced his candidacy for the nomination Monday.
The realtor also served on the New Haven city council.
He said, if he's elected, he will continue many of the projects underway.
However, McMichael said it's time for fresh blood after 20 years of one administration.
"It's time for a good thorough look to make sure everything we're doing is really the best thing for everyone of our citizens. To evaluate those processes. Sometimes things that were the right thing to do in 2000 may not be the right thing to do in 2020," McMichael said.
Current New Haven mayor Terry McDonald announced earlier this year he won't run for re-election in 2019.
He's in his fifth term.
- McMichael announces candidacy for New Haven mayor
- Steve McMichael wins mayor seat for New Haven
- Democrat announces campaign for New Haven mayor
- Allen County councilman announces candidacy for State Senate
- Multimatc announces expansion of New Haven location
- New Haven will have a new mayor after Tuesday's election
- Crawford announces 2019 mayoral bid
- Business leader announces mayoral run
- Mayor announces proactive jobs initiative
- SDI La Farga announces expansion at New Haven copper plant