FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Many people in Fort Wayne said they are frustrated Congress hasn't accomplished what they set out to do.
Monday, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy and Congressman Jim Banks said the issue is in the other chamber.
"It's ridiculous. We elect these officials to do a job. They're not doing their job. It's really sad," said Fort Wayne resident Lakeesha Ganaway.
"I'm very disappointed in the Republicans that had been voted in erase a lot of the that Obama had done by executive order," said Roanoke resident Sherry Wilkins.
The main thing Republicans want to erase from the Obama Administration is the Affordable Care Act.
The House of Representatives passed its plan to repeal and replace Obamacare.
McCarthy, who was in Fort Wayne Monday for the Allen County Republican Party Reagan Bean Dinner, said the issue is in the Senate.
"Where we have more than 286 bills that have passed the House sitting in the Senate. We need to get the Senate and their action to really make America start growing again," McCarthy said.
Representative Jim Banks said the solution is to fix the Senate.
"A lot of us believe that it's going to take changing the rules in the Senate and getting away from the filibuster and the bird rules that require 60 votes in the Senate that were brought about Democrats in recent history," said Banks.
Ganaway said she doesn't think that will happen anytime soon.
"I don't think anything is going to get done. It will be a last minute thing like it has been done previously, which is sad," Ganaway said.
Wilkins said lawmakers need to get something done.
"If they want to have their seat next time, then yes, they better turn around and start getting something done. Otherwise, we're going to vote them out," Wilkins said.
- People frustrated over Washington gridlock
- People "frustrated" after violent weekend in Fort Wayne
- City council express frustrations over trash collection
- Horizon Christian Academy settles into new location, parent still frustrated
- These Muslim and Jewish community leaders are united in frustration at Ilhan Omar's comments
- Washington Center Road shut down after crash
- Drivers prepare for Washington Center Road closure
- Washington Elementary helping with service dog training
- People struggle to find Tamiflu
- People worried about housing development