(WFFT) Fort Wayne, Ind. - Update: The Allen County Coroner's Office has identified the man shot to death in the 4200 block of South Clinton Street Monday morning as James Jarreau Williams, 31, of Fort Wayne. The cause of death was a gunshot wound to the chest and the his death has been ruled a homicide.
At 3:00am Monday, Fort Wayne police officers heard gunfire coming from a parking lot on the west side of the 4200 block of South Clinton Street. While investigating the gunshots, they discovered two victims suffering from gunshot wounds. Kayla Anderson, 33, of Fort Wayne, was taken to an area hospital and determined to be in serious condition. An as yet unidentified male found with her was taken to the hospital in critical condition and was then pronounced dead.
Detectives are trying to determine what events led to the shooting. They are searching for any witnesses and checking are businesses to see of any surveillance video exists.
There is no suspect description at this time, and the relationship between the two victims is yet unknown.
- Early Monday morning shooting leaves one dead, another seriously injured
- Early morning shooting leaves one injured
- One woman dead, one critically injured in early morning shooting
- Early morning crash injures two
- Three dead, one injured in early morning fire
- Huntington shooting leaves one dead
- Early morning shooting leaves one man in critical condition
- One person dead, and 2 people injured in early morning shooting
- Police investigating early morning shooting
- One dead after early morning shooting on High Street