LOS ANGELES (AP) - The wait to buy newly legal recreational weed has stretched to 40 minutes at the Mankind Cooperative cannabis retailer in San Diego.
“We’re insane down here. And it’s still going on, girlfriend,” marketing retailer Cathy Bliss said Monday.
A few customers were grumbling about the long wait.
Store workers were handing out commemorative T-shirts showing astronauts on the moon and the phrase “A giant leap for mankind.”
California’s new marijuana law allows sales to people from out of state.
Bliss welcomed buyers from Iowa, Kansas and Canada among her initial customers.
Overall, she was thrilled.
“This is so cool,” she said.
- 40-minute wait for newly legal California pot
- Newly discovered Alzheimer's genes further hope for future treatments
- Canada just legalized recreational pot -- here's what you need to know
- Bridal shop closes, brides wait for refunds
- AG Curtis Hill visits vets at VA Hospital, tours newly renovated facility
- Fort Wayne Housing Authority opening Housing Choice Voucher waiting list
- Mega Millions numbers are out. Now we wait.
- Shutdown fears, and a wait-and-see game
- Indiana senator pushes for CBD oil legalization
- Indiana governor remains against legalizing marijuana