GARY, Ind. (AP) — Authorities have taken three teenage boys into custody after a missing Indiana woman’s body was found in an abandoned elementary school in Gary.
Adriana Saucedo of Portage was found dead Thursday evening after she was reported missing.
Portage police say the 27-year-old allegedly met with a Gary teen to buy a small amount of marijuana and was picked up from her home in “a prearranged purchase.”
Three teens allegedly robbed and fatally shot her in the car and dumped her body at the old school.
Portage Police Chief Troy Williams says dozens of officers have been working on the investigation, which is ongoing.
No charges have been announced.
Saucedo is being remembered as a caring person.
Her nephew Isaiah Mangrum says she was the best aunt he “could ever have.”
- 3 teenage boys in custody after missing woman’s body found in Gary
- Body of missing boy found in southern Indiana river
- Suspect in custody in kidnap, rape of teenage girl
- Woman found dead in home, person of interest in custody
- Body of missing man, 26, found in Indiana's Lake Monroe
- Wanted man arrested in death of Gary woman
- Opioid crisis affects teenagers
- Body found in alley Sunday identified
- Update: Silver Alert cancelled; missing Fort Wayne woman found safe
- FOUND: Fort Wayne Police cancel search for missing woman