FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The 3-1-1 Call Center will be open for a few hours on Saturdays.
The city says trash collection has always been the number one complaint into 3-1-1 since Fort Wayne launched its call center in 2007.
In August there were 26,000 calls into 3-1-1. That's twice as much as August of last year. With that, the average wait time went up to about 3 to 5 minutes. But many people say they wait longer, more like 10 to 15 minutes to report missed trash pick ups.
City spokesperson John Perlich also wants to remind people 3-1-1 call takers handle complaints for most of the city departments, such as tall weeds and even pot holes.
There are also other ways you can file a complaint with 3-1-1, on the city's website and the 311 app.
- 3-1-1 Call Center now open Saturdays
- Parkview opening new cancer center
- Call center adding 500 new jobs
- New recovery center gets ready to open
- Shopping center opens up piece of history
- Park Center opens "one stop shop"
- VA Medical Center holds open house for women veterans
- Major Snowstorm Saturday
- Tox-Away Saturdays begin
- Free tax preparation begins Saturday