FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A man accused of a murder at a gas station back in November of 2016 was found not guilty by a jury.
Marquavious Jones, 29, was charged with the murder of Sha Rif back in June of 2017. Rif was found shot at the Marathon gas station on Lafayette and South Clinton on November 29th, 2016. He died at a local hospital.
Several witnesses came forward and told police Jones was bragging about the shooting, but a jury found doubt in the statements.
Jones' trial started Monday and was expected to last five days. He was aquitted of the murder on Wednesday after three days.
- 2016 murder suspect found not guilty
- 2016 quadruple homicide suspect pleads guilty
- Suspect in 2016 murder appears in court
- Paulding County murder suspect found in Nevada
- Murder suspect in court
- Lafontaine murder suspect arrested
- Arrest in 2016 murder brings hope for more families
- Murder suspect arrested in Mississippi
- Lake Avenue murder suspect captured
- Man guilty in Ligonier double murder