TOPEKA, Ind. (AP) - Authorities say a woman and her 15-year-old daughter have died after the horse-drawn buggy they were riding in was struck by a car in northern Indiana.
The crash happened Saturday in the LaGrange County community of Topeka when the buggy was hit from behind. Authorities say 44-year-old Velda C. Miller of Ligonier and Melissa Jo Miller died in the crash. Velda Miller's 46-year-old husband was driving the buggy and was taken to a hospital with neck pain.
The sheriff's office says the 21-year-old driver of the car told them he had just passed another vehicle and hit the buggy while coming back into his lane. He was taken to a hospital with abdominal pain.
No charges were immediately filed and the crash was under investigation.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 dead following crash involving buggy in northern Indiana
- Two hurt in vehicle versus buggy head-on crash
- Two hurt in car, buggy accident
- FWPD officer involved in crash
- Police: 1 dead after small plane crash in western Indiana
- Government adding 4 more US prosecutors in northern Indiana
- VA Northern Indiana Health Care System hosts mental health summit
- Public gets an update on Northern Indiana Passenger Rail
- Crash on Lima Road involves FWPD cruiser
- Auburn police officer involved in crash