LAKE TOWNSHIP, Ind. (WFFT) — A 9-year-old girl and a woman from Fort Wayne both died in a crash involving a tow truck Sunday
The crash happened just after 1 p.m. at the corner of Washington Center Road and O'Day Road in western Allen County.
Allen County Sheriff's deputies say the truck was driving east on Washington Center Road when it was hit by a van that was south on O'Day Road. Deputies say the van, which was carrying six people, didn't stop at the stop sign.
The tow truck ended up on its roof.
The victims have been identified by the coroner as 9-year-old Stefany Barrios-Salazar, and 32-year-old Magali Salazar-Castillo.
Stefany was ejected from the van and died at the scene.
Three other people in the van, including Magali, and the tow truck driver were taken to a hospital in critical condition.
Two other people in the van were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
There have now been 31 deaths in motor vehicle crashes so far this year in Allen County.
This incident remains under investigation by the Allen County Sheriff’s Department, the Allen County Prosecutor’s Office and the Allen County Coroner’s Office.
- Woman, child from Fort Wayne killed in crash
- Virginia woman offers to help Fort Wayne child
- Fort Wayne woman killed by car on South Anthony identified
- Fort Wayne man killed in Paulding County crash
- 45-year-old Fort Wayne man killed in motorcycle crash
- Woman in critical condition after motorcycle crash in Fort Wayne
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Man killed outside Fort Wayne Hotel
- Fort Wayne family searches for missing woman
- Fort Wayne family's plane crashed in Pennsylvania