FORT RECOVERY, Ohio (WFFT) — One week after two Portland, Indiana women were placed on administrative leave at the school they coached softball at will be terminated.
The Fort Recovery Local School District announced Tuesday morning that Fort Recovery High School Softball Head Coach, Esther Stephen, and High School Softball Assistant Coach, Shelby Hiestand will officially be terminated by the school district on Thursday, Jan. 23.
The district says their terminations will also suspend the full amount of their supplemental contract payments of $3,894.66 for Stephen and $2,225.52 for Hiestand.
As the school searches for their replacements, volunteer coaches will resume off-season conditioning activities for the softball team on Wednesday.
Both Stephen and Hiestand are facing murder charges in connection to the death of Shea Briar.
The Jay County prosecutor says they are both being held at the Jay County Security Center without bond.
- Two Fort Recovery coaches accused of murder to be fired by school
- Two Fort Recovery High School softball coaches arrested on murder charges
- Man accused of killing Fort Wayne high school football coach found not guilty.
- Trial of Fort Wayne man accused of murder begins
- Accused murderer stands trial
- Witness in Fort Wayne coach's death sentenced
- Fort Wayne Recovery offers new hope in opioid epidemic
- Addiction recovery centers helping reduce overdoses in Fort Wayne
- More recovery beds open to fight addiction in Fort Wayne
- Murder suspect extradited to Fort Wayne