VAN WERT, Ohio (WFFT) — The Van Wert County Sheriff Thomas M. Riggenbach announced on Monday that authorities, served a drug related search warrant at 326 S. Franklin St. in Van Wert.
Sheriff Riggenbach said the search warrant was the result of an investigation into alleged drug activity at the Franklin Street residence.
Officers seized several items in the raid:
1. Moderate amount of suspected Cocaine
2. Suspected Marijuana
3. Drug Paraphernalia
4. Cell Phones
5. Suspected drug proceeds
Riggenbach said two adults were present and arrested during the search warrant.
The first person arrested was 34-year-old Amber Owens. She is facing a felony charge of one Count of Possession of Cocaine.
The second person arrested was 26-year-old Leiayre Freeman. He is also facing a felony charge of one Count of Possession of Cocaine.
Riggenbach said both Freeman and Owens were transported to the Van Wert County Correctional Facility where they were being held pending arraignment in the Van Wert Municipal Court.
He said the investigation of drug activity is still taking place and additional chargers may be filed.
Sheriff Riggenbach asks anyone that has information on drug activity contact the Van Wert County Sheriff’s Office.
Citizens with information can call 419-238-3866 or use the Van Wert County Sheriff’s Office website and click on the “Submit a Crime Tip” link.
You can also report information on other crimes by using the above options or by contacting Van Wert County Crime Stoppers at (419) 238-STOP.
Anyone reporting information can remain anonymous.
- 2 Arrested In Van Wert Drug Raid
- Van Wert seeing tourism boom
- Van Wert celebrates War of 1812 veteran
- Van Wert considering charter city option
- Van Wert schools offering student safety hotline
- Van Wert Health gets new baby box
- Remembering black history in Van Wert County
- Van Wert County Auditor's Office under investigation
- Power Outage reported in Van Wert County
- Van Wert student arrested after making threat to school