FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Police in Fort Wayne are investigating after a 13-year-old boy was shot in the leg early Friday morning.
Police responded around 2:00 a.m. to 3705 S. Lafayette Street to look for a possible shooting. They were told a kid had possibly been shot in front of a home and was taken to the hospital around 1:15 a.m.
Police found bullet holes in the northwest corner of the house. An officer knocked on the door and was met by a 16-year-old boy who said he was the victim's brother.
He told police he was inside the house at the time, and heard a single gunshot come from outside. He said his little brother came to the door telling him he had been shot. The 16-year-old had his brother sit on the couch and saw a gunshot wound to his right inner thigh.
The boy called his mom, who then came and took the victim to the hospital.
The victim's older brother told police he had several friends inside the house. Officers patted down everyone inside, and found a live .22 caliber round on the stairs inside the home.
One person inside the home was found to be a runaway and was taken into custody. The 13-year-old was last listed in serious, but stable condition.
- 13-year-old seriously hurt in shooting
- One hurt in mall shooting
- One person critically hurt after shooting
- Girl critically hurt in accidental shooting
- Shooting leaves one dead, two seriously hurt
- Two children hurt in Tuesday shooting
- Deputy, suspect hurt in Garrett shooting
- Two hurt in Spatz Avenue shooting
- One seriously hurt in Hanna Street shooting
- One person seriously hurt in shooting