NOBLESVILLE, Ind. (AP) - One person was killed and another seriously injured after they were ejected from a car during a crash in central Indiana.
The Hamilton County Sheriff's office says the two were traveling at a high rate of speed late Friday evening, when their car left the road.
It went into a ditch and struck a culvert, before returning to the roadway. The car then flipped over and came to a rest along a guardrail.
Police say the driver was pronounced dead at the scene. The passenger was taken to an Indianapolis hospital with "severe" injures.
Police say witnesses reported that the car had been swerving prior to the crash. Authorities have not said if alcohol or drugs were a factor.
The driver's name has not been released.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 1 dead, 1 injured after high-speed crash near Noblesville
- One man dead, another injured in crash
- Students return to Noblesville school following shooting
- Noblesville school shooter faces September hearing
- Fleeing suspects dead in crash, two others seriously injured
- "Active shooter" reported at Noblesville West Middle School
- Early morning crash injures two
- High school student dead, several hurt in crash
- One, dead, five injured after police chase
- Waterloo man dead after crash