Photo Gallery 2 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — Four more residents in Allen County tested positive for COVID-19, according to local health officials.
The Allen County Department of Health said Monday the four new cases now brings the total for the county to 30.
SIGN UP FOR BREAKING NEWS ALERTS
5 EASY STEPS TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHER INDIANA RESIDENTS DURING THE #COVID19 EMERGENCY— Indiana State Department of Health (@StateHealthIN) March 15, 2020
1. Clean and Disinfect
2. Cover Coughs and Sneezes
3. Wash Your Hands Often
4. Avoid Touching Your Face
5. Stay Home if You are Sick and Avoid Close Contact
Play video for more details. pic.twitter.com/NNrYxTQoVZ
Indiana Coronavirus cases as of March 30, 2020
ACDH said due to the anticipated increase in the number of confirmed cases, the Department will not be able to continue providing specific information regarding each individual case.
The Department said on Twitter that they do not have negative or pending testing numbers for the county because only positive cases are reportable to them.
The Department said because of a delay in the private lab reporting to the state, the case count provided by the Indiana State Department of Health may not always immediately match Allen County’s case numbers.
Officials say testing for COVID-19 is currently unavailable on-demand or by request because of the nationwide shortage.
Patients must currently meet ISDH’s criteria to be tested, and strict protocol must be followed to ensure no one else is exposed while a mucus specimen is collected from the individual.
Anyone with a fever of 100 degrees and a cough should first call their healthcare provider to discuss their symptoms and determine the next course of action.
The following local healthcare providers have set up a specific screening for COVID-19:
• Fort Wayne Medical Education patients should call 260-423-2675
• IU Health patients should download the telemedicine application IU Health Virtual Visit and follow directions or call 260-234-5400
• Lutheran Health patients should call 260-435-5050
• Parkview patients should call 1-877-PPG-TODAY or their specific provider; Parkview has also set up a self-screening website at Parkview.com/covid19screening
• Neighborhood Health Clinic patients should call 260-458-2570
We do not have negative or pending testing numbers for the county because only positive cases are reportable to the department.
— Allen County Health (@AllenCountyHD) March 30, 2020